Wisdom of the Month
“Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.” - Samuel Adams 1749
“Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.” Benjamin Franklin
Items of Interest
- U.S. Constitution Connections - Dr. Walter Williams
- Books Promoting Economic Understanding pp16-18
- 2017 Bradley Prize Winners
- Black Fathers Matter
- The Real Adam Smith - Morality and Markets
- Dear Future Professor, my letter published by the National Association of Scholars
- Three Reasons Why a $15 Minimum Wage Is a Bad Idea
- In Depth with Walter Williams- 3-hour interview on C-Span November 1, 2015
- Book Discussion on American Contempt for Liberty - C-Span June 24, 2015
- Is Capitalism Moral
- American Contempt for Liberty Selected collection of my weekly syndicated columns.
- Profit Prager University five-minute video
- Walter Williams at FEE
- Suffer No Fools based on Up From The Projects: An Autobiography that aired on PBS stations winter/spring (2015)
- President Herbert Hoover and the Great Depression
- George Gilder, “Why Capitalism Works.”
- Walter E. Williams Videos Over The Years
- Downsizing the Federal Government
- Questions & Answers with Brian Lamb
- “Learning simple lessons about Liberty and Economics”
- Friedrich von Hayek “The Pretence of Knowledge” This highly readable essay explains the foolhardiness of economic planning.
- Economic Freedom
- John Stossel’s show, “The State Against Blacks”- featuring Walter E. Williams Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- 2003 Toast to Walter E. Williams Runtime: 1.5 hours
- Up From the Projects Walter E. Williams slays myths in an interview with Nick Gillespie in this Reason.tv video.
- The State Against Blacks Dr. Williams is celebrated in this WSJ Interview by Jason Riley
- How Much Can Discrimination Explain? A Young Walter E. Williams asks: How Much Can Discrimination Explain? (53 min).
- “Good Intentions.” Walter Williams, 1985 PBS documentary. Examines the failure of the war on poverty and the devastating effect of well meaning government policies.
- “State Against Blacks.” Walter Williams, 1985 PBS documentary. Another examination of well-meaning government policies.. (Parts I, II, III, IV, V and VI).
- Great Myths of the Great Depression
- Economics for the Citizen